Investing on a treadmill is a wise step to improve your health and your weight. You can conveniently walk, jog, or run, even in bad weather conditions at the comfort of your home. Many treadmills also offer helpful features that assist you with your goals and make your workout safer, more comfortable and more enjoyable.
While you can easily say that the more expensive treadmills offer better reliability and more sophisticated features, there are actually many wonderful and dependable treadmills that fall below the $1,000 price range. Here are the 10 best treadmills under 1000 with basic to impressive features, as well as good customer feedback.
1. LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
- The best selling electric treadmill by LifeSpan, foldable and portable capability turns this motorized running machine into a small compact size.
- Heavy duty and high capacity 2.5 HP motor with a large 20" x 56" walking belt surface, and 15 levels of adjustable incline.
The best treadmill under 1000 on our list is the LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill. The LifeSpan TR1200i is not only affordable, but it is also reliable packed with great features. It runs on a 2.5 CHP motor that you can comfortably use for walking, jogging, and also running with speeds of up to 11mph.
Just like many other treadmills, the LifeSpan TR1200i provides important workout information, such as distance, speed, calories burned, heart rate, and more. It supports different workout goals with its 22 preset programs for heart health, weight loss, sports training and healthy living. It also lets you save your workout data via a USB port.
What impresses us the most, though, are the added features mostly found in more expensive treadmills. It has the Intelli-Step feature that accurately counts your steps and the IntelliGuard feature that ensures user safety by automatically pausing the belt a few seconds after you step out of the deck.
2. Weslo Cadence G5.9 Treadmill
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- Space saver design. This treadmill can fold up.
- Six personal trainer workouts.
- Two-position incline.
- Comfortable cushioning.
The Welso Cardence G5.9 Treadmill is ranked as the number one best-selling treadmill on Amazon and it’s easy to see why. You can walk and jog without having to worry it might break anytime soon. It is sturdy even for heavy people and is also surprisingly quiet as reviewed by many customers.
Other wonderful things about the Weslo Cadence G5.9 is that it is fairly easy to assemble; it is foldable that helps save space; and it comes with 6 preset workout programs, as well as 2 incline positions.
3. Sunny Health and Fitness Treadmill
Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill Folding Motorized Running Machine
- 2.20 Peak HP drive system with 15.75 x 48.82 inches running surface. 10MPH Max Speed, max degree of incline 5
- Easy folding mechanism and soft drop system to help you unfold your treadmill safely
- Handrail controls that allow you to control speed, start and stop.Running Surface 48.8L x 15.75W inches
Another very affordable and basic treadmill under $500 that is also in the top 10 best-selling treadmills in Amazon is the Sunny Health and Fitness Treadmill. It runs on a 2.2 HP motor great for walking, jogging, and running. It also folds up to save some space and features 9 built-in programs.
The Sunny Treadmill has a 5-star rating of at least 68% percent of the reviewing customers and 21% with 4-star. Customers love how easy it is to assemble, how quite it is, how sturdy it is, and how it works as expected with a very affordable price tag.
4. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
- Rated a best "Value Buy" for walking by the Good Housekeeping Institute and by the Treadmill Doctor as one of the "Best Buys" in its category
- Folding treadmill with speeds up to 10 MPH, incline to 10 percent, 20 x 55-Inch running area. Assembled Dimensions: 70 x 33.5 x 55"" Folded Dimensions: 45.5 x 33.5 x 61"
The Horizon Fitness T101-04 is one of the value treadmills that let you enjoy many features without draining your wallet. It is powered with a 2.25 CHP motor and can accommodate a maximum weight of 300 pounds.
This foldable, powerful, and durable home treadmill also features approximately 30 program options for your different workout goals, as well as Sonic Surround speakers with MP3 compatibility for a more enjoyable workout.
5. Weslo Cadence R5.2 Treadmill
Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
- 2.5 CHP drive system
- 16 X 50 Walking Belt
- Comfort cell cushion deck
- 2 position adjustable incline
- Space saver design
Weslo is known for selling affordable home treadmills. Apart from the aforementioned Weslo Cadence G5.9 Treadmill, the Welso Cadence R5.2 also makes a great treadmill option below $1,000. This foldable treadmill features a powerful 2.5 CHP motor, 6 program options, and 2-position adjustable incline.
Customers say that while it is not as quiet as the more expensive treadmills, the Weslo Cadence R5.2 is not annoying either. This treadmill is also easy to assemble and sturdy enough for its price.
6. Exerpeutic TF1000 Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill
Exerpeutic TF1000 Ultra High Capacity Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill, 400 lbs
- Electric walking treadmill with 1.5-horsepower high-torque motor
- Adjustable speed up to 4 miles per hour in 0.1 mph increments
- 20-inch-wide treadmill belt; extra-long 18-inch safety handles
- LCD display monitors time, distance, calories burned, speed, and pulse
If you are looking for a sturdy treadmill to walk on, the Exerpeutic TF1000 is a great and affordable treadmill you can consider. It features a 1.5 HP motor with an adjustable speed of up to 4mph. It has a wide treadmill belt and features longer safety handles compared to most treadmills. It can amazingly support a maximum weight of 400 pounds.
7. Xterra Fitness TR6.6 Treadmill
XTERRA Fitness TR6.6 Folding Treadmill
- Large 20" x 60" walking/running surface
- Widescreen 7.5 inch blue backlit display
- Lift assist Folding deck with Xtra soft cushioning
- Quick touch speed & incline buttons conveniently located on the handlebars
Planning on running with your treadmill at home? The Xterra Fitness TR6.6 treadmill lets you run comfortably and quietly with its strong 3.0 CHP motor. This easy-to-assemble foldable and sturdy treadmill also features long and wide treadmill belt surface, as well simple controls both on its blue-backlit widescreen display and also on its handlebars.
8. Confidence GTR Power Pro Motorized Electric Treadmill
Confidence GTR Power Pro 1100W Motorized Electric Treadmill with Adjustable Manual Incline
- Electric treadmill designed for home use
- Adjustable manual incline
- Multi-function LED display with pulse monitor
- Folds down for easy storage
The Confidence GTR Power Pro Treadmill is a foldable and a very lightweight basic home treadmill that is easy to move around the house. Powered with a 1.5 HP motor, you can go up to 7.5 mph on this treadmill with 12 built-in programs, heart rate monitor, manual incline, and other features. The Confidence GTR Power Pro Treadmill is also fairly easy to set up.
9. ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
Proform 505 CST Treadmill (2014 Model)
- Space Saver design; folds vertically for storage
- Weight Capacity: 325 pounds
- ProShox Cushioning
- iPod Compatible Audio
- Quick Incline 0-10%
Proform 505 CST treadmill is the second best-selling treadmill on Amazon. It features 2.5 CHP motor, incline levels of up to 10 percent, speed of up to 10mph, and user capacity of 325 pounds. It also includes 18 built-in programs, an audio port compatible with your iPod or any music player, as well as wider and longer belt for a comfortable walk or jog.
10. Merit Fitness 725T Plus Treadmill
Merit Fitness HTM0779-01 725T Plus Treadmill
- Home treadmill with top-quality 2.25-horsepower drive motor
- Intuitive console controls with adjustable speed from 0 to 10 miles per hour
- 2-window LED display tracks your time, speed, distance, calories, and more
The final treadmill that made it to our top 10 list of the best treadmills below $1,000 is the Merit Fitness 725T Plus. It runs on a 2.25 HP motor with speed of up to 10mph and weight capacity of 250 pounds.
Many reviewers find this treadmill better than it is expected to work and a great value treadmill. It is well-built and easy-to-use and control. It also displays the basic workout information, such as distance, speed, time, calories burned, and heart rate.
With these affordable yet reliable treadmill choices below $1,000, you can efficiently and conveniently achieve your health and weight goals without breaking the bank.